A Discussion of Construction Industry Challenges and Legislative Priorities.
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
7:30am - Registration & Networking
8:00-9:30am - Program & Discussion
Lovitt & Touché Learning Center
1050 W. Washington St. #201
Tempe, AZ 85281
What problems are holding your company back from its full potential?
We have the momentum! Now is the time to defend and strengthen Arizona’s construction industry. Let us arm you with information on how you can help change construction law for the better. Join your peers for interactive discussion to include:
- Arizonans for Fair Contracting — Our mission as a vehicle for industry collaboration
- Advocacy from Judicial and Legislative perspectives
- Discussion of priority issues — How is your company being negatively impacted by unfair business practices?
- Stakeholder collaboration — what is it and why is it so important to Legislators
- Overview of the 2020 State Legislature — top influencers, leadership appointments, division of power, and more
- Demystifying the Legislative Process
- Using technology and remote access to influence the legislative process
- Why Legislators need to hear your voice and your story
- What’s next AFC and how you can be involved
We need your input? What’s holding your business back?
- Proportional Liability in Private Commercial Projects
- Fairness in Retainage Provisions
- Worker Misclassification
- Construction Sales Tax Simplification
- Prompt Pay Enhancements
DeMenna Public Affairs
AFC Technical Advisory Committee Chair
This is a FREE PROGRAM
Although there is no fee to attend, we ask that you register in advance to allow us to plan for refreshments and meeting materials.